Search This Blog

Sunday, April 11, 2010

Bridesmaid Dresses

I've been thinking about the bridesmaid/bridesman attire for a while--I had already picked one dress for the ladies long ago that I thought was perfect, and although I didn't have the actual tux that I'd like the boys to wear, I had a very reasonable and very nice vision... and now that my own dress dilemma is practically solved, I wanted to move on and focus on everyone else's attire.

So I was going through my wedding folder and my files and my books and I don't know how I did it, but I lost the image and location of the original bridesmaid dress. Yay!

I thought it wouldn't be a big deal finding it again, as I remembered seeing it everywhere when I was first looking for my wedding dress, but when I started looking I found nothing but nothing! Now, to my uttermost disappointment, I can't find it anywhere.

So, I've been looking at new options, just in case I cannot find one true enough to the original vision, and I thought it would be fun to post the dresses I've been looking at as alternatives for everyone to see and comment.

Of course, by everyone, I probably mean Erica, as I know she's the only one who really follows this thing, and Carrie, when she can, will probably drop in and take a look too, but this isn't really for her, as she and I both know that my taste is so hideous that she's never going to wear this dress again.

Think ultra-ruffled hoop skirt with more ruffles that climb up to a super high neck. Then the neck has shoulder pads that climb up above the ears and drop down to tight, sparkly, long sleeves with ruffles on the ends... the whole dress covers everything but the legs and for some reason opens at the cleavage for that tacky peek-a-boo breast look. That's what she will see no matter what I choose. She will grin and bear it for me for that one night, and then burn it. <3

Carrie, you're awesome and I love you. Just please don't burn the frock till after the reception!

So Erica, this is pretty much for you :P

Let the fun begin:

Option A on Twitpic

Love the Delicate Waist and flattering shape<br /><br />http://www.jc... on Twitpic


Color is a bit off, but doable.<br /><br />Senna      $285.00 Empire ... on Twitpic

Juliet short #174lx<br />Strapless dress with an empire waist ins... on Twitpic

This one has the ever flattering A-Line and looks so damn bea... on Twitpic

Lucy #700<br />Slightly, scooped strapless bodice with ruched emp... on Twitpic

This dress is currently in slate, but I think I like it in Re... on Twitpic

This is one of my favorite designers when it comes to wedding... on Twitpic

Bridesmaids Style 7015<br />    * Chiffon, Satin<br />      Cocktail ... on Twitpic

Bridesmaids Style 7017S<br />    * Chiffon,<br />      Optional Spagh... on Twitpic

Not a fan of the yellow, but it is somewhat closer to the sha... on Twitpic

Bridesmaid Dress 0863<br />Item#:03930010863<br /><br />Custom made in Bl... on Twitpic

A-line Sash Strapless Empire Waist Chiffon Satin Bridesmaid D... on Twitpic

I'll post more if I see any that I like. What do you think so far?

5 comments:

Carrie said...

I like 7 and 8 down the list. I prefer tube tops more, since v-neck can be a little on the cleavage side.

Unknown said...

seven is my pick

Diana said...

I loved 7, but my issues with it are:

1) Fabric may be too heavy and not breathable enough for the heat--I want everyone to feel comfortable.

2) I'm not sure if this is an issue or not, but it is a little pricey.

3) The color that I would choose it in is not the light sky or aqua blue I was thinking of using... solutions?

JEN said...

I like the first one the best! ...but a little shorter.

Erica said...

I think any shorter would be a postage stamp, we don't want to pull a Britney and show off lady town